We are taking a short break over Christmas/New Year period…
- In-Studio – Classes start back January 11, 2021
- Online – Classes start back January 11, 2021
Check the live timetable for updates.
In-Studio Japanese Yoga in Subiaco & Virtual Japanese Yoga in Your Home (Perth, WA Time)
Bookings and Payments for In-Studio and Virtual Yoga Classes are made Online
Bookings are made through MINDBODY, either on our website via the timetable above or using the MINDBODY app.
Booking and paying online is essential due to limited space in each class for the COVID-19 safety protocols.
Single and multiple class passes are available for in-studio and virtual sessions. Currently passes for in-studio classes must be purchased separately to passes for virtual classes, they are not interchangeable. The various pass options are available after clicking each ‘Book’ button, and are displayed on our Pricing page.
Via the MindBody App
The MindBody app offers the smoothest booking experience once you’re set up, you can get it here:
Via this Website
You can also create your Lunge Yoga MindBody profile/account using the ‘Login | Register’ links in our header and menu, then book in via the timetables on this site.
Virtual Classes are in Zoom
Zoom is the Video Streaming Platform for Classes
You can download Zoom now – it’s free (if you do not have it already). This only needs to be done once.
IMPORTANT: For ONLINE classes it’s important you book-in AT-LEAST ONE HOUR before class starts!
After booking in you will be emailed a link to your Zoom class time! Which when clicked will prompt you to download the program or app if you don’t already have it.
Please see our Pricing page for all our in-studio and virtual class pricing options and details.
About Japanese Yoga
Lunge Yoga is a unique practice – a special blend of Japanese yoga in the OKI-do tradition that follows the seasons and takes into account our bodies’ organs/organ systems (meridians) and how we can best assist them to function optimally. A sense of health and well-being will be restored and maintained.
The OKI-do system of Yoga is based on the five element theory of healing to guide the body and mind back to its natural balance. It employs simple movements and simple sequences with breath awareness that will change as required to the suit the individuals that turn up, the time of day, and also the time of year.
Lunge Japanese Yoga is not a “one-size-fits-all” approach, i.e., you won’t always repeat the same movement and/or sequence each time you come in. The idea is to find the area in the body that requires the “work” and support that area. The “work” could be seen as building strength, promoting flexibility, creating calmness or a sense of well being. Whatever is required for that particular person in that particular session! It reminds us we are all individual and we all have individual needs!
All sessions build physical strength, rejuvenate flexibility and mental calmness. Lunge Japanese Yoga provides many options to do this, resulting in…
“the culmination of a strong and healthy body and an aware, focused and clear mind”
Classes at Lunge
MORNING VITALITY classes – 8AM, 10AM & 12PM Classes
- Suitable for ALL Levels (beginner to experienced)
- Strong, simple and dynamic classes for energy and vitality
- Improve general fitness and health
- Strengthen and tone your body inside to out
- Cleanse sluggish organs, release toxins
- GREAT for weight loss and re-shaping your physical body – improve metabolism
(Note: With 2 to 3 classes consistently a week your body and mind will reshape naturally. Natural weight-loss results with consistent yoga practice and breath awareness.)
- Lighten-up and improve flexibility
- Stay in-tune with the changing seasons
- Strong and flexible body, calm mind, open heart
OPEN evenings – seasonal classes – 6:15PM Classes
- Suitable for ALL Levels (beginner to experienced)
- Simple movements, sequences – feel the benefits in just a few classes!
- Develop strength, a flexible body and a calmer mind
- Increase willpower and drive – get your “get-up and go” back!
- Improve digestion, metabolism (supports weight loss)
- Relieve neck and shoulder tension
- Build a strong and healthy spine – eliminate aches and pains
- Back strength creates internal strength
- Calm the nervous system, creating a sense of peacefulness
- Promotes good quality sleep
- Eliminate unnecessary stress and anxiety
- Breath awareness, meditation (assists with deep breathing)
- Create a state of concentration, internal stillness and relaxation
Balance Strength with Flexibility
A great class for Men
- Relieve stiffness
- Revive mobility and flexibility to the joints
- Improve abdominal strength
- Tone your body – inside and out
- Eliminate neck and lower back tightness and/or tensions
- Build overall strength and resilience
- Better sleep patterns, deeper breathing
- Assists injury prevention
- More up and go – energy levels will improve!
- Restore, boost and balance energy levels
- Strengthen and tone your body
- Create a clear mind
- Abdominal toning, pelvic floor toning
- Relieve backache, neck aches and shoulder tensions.
- Calm your mind, breath awareness and meditation
- Weight control and maintenance
- Eliminate menstrual, menopausal complaints
- Reduce stress, unstable emotions and eliminate worry
Yoga for Surfers… Surfers only!
(Men’s yoga class is great for Surfers)
Please note: Surfers take preference for these classes
Tailor-made yoga to improve your performance in and out of the water.
- Build & increase core strength
- Increase balance, flexibility and energy levels
- Increase lung capacity, breath awareness and endurance
- Eliminate neck, shoulder & back tension/pain
- Injury prevention
- And more…
Prepare for childbirth and beyond…
- Strengthen your body for childbirth
- Calmness and confidence in preparation for childbirth
- Improve strength, flexibility & endurance to enable you to birth more easily, naturally
- Abdominal and pelvic floor toning
- Boost energy levels, reduce fatigue
- Release and balance emotions
- Relieve back, neck & shoulder tensions
- Breath awareness & meditation
- Stress reduction & reduce worry…
- Facilitate recovery following childbirth