Japanese Yoga in Subiaco
Level 1/157 Rokeby Road, Subiaco
Access from rear: up-stairs above the Subiaco 7 day chemist. If driving, 3 hours free parking is available in Rowland Street directly behind the studio. (View a map on our contact page.)
Upcoming 2019 timetable:
INTRO OFFER: $49 – UNLIMITED CLASSES FOR 21 DAYS
Drop-ins/casuals – $23
8 class pass standard – $160 – valid 8 weeks
16 class standard – $280 – valid 8 weeks
Note on passes:
- No extensions of time on passes as they offer discounts on classes
- Passes are for one person use only (i.e. not for sharing)
- Payments can be made in bank transfer or cash only
- No credit card facilities
ALL classes are 1 hour.
Please bring a towel/sarong to place on your yoga mat.
Lunge Yoga is a unique practice – a special blend of Japanese yoga in the OKI-do tradition that follows the seasons and takes into account our bodies’ organs/organ systems (meridians) and how we can best assist them to function optimally. A sense of health and well-being will be restored and maintained.
The OKI-do system of Yoga is based on the five element theory of healing to guide the body and mind back to its natural balance. It employs simple movements and simple sequences with breath awareness that will change as required to the suit the individuals that turn up, the time of day, and also the time of year.
Lunge Japanese Yoga is not a “one-size-fits-all” approach, i.e., you won’t always repeat the same movement and/or sequence each time you come in. The idea is to find the area in the body that requires the “work” and support that area. The “work” could be seen as building strength, promoting flexibility, creating calmness or a sense of well being. Whatever is required for that particular person in that particular session! It reminds us we are all individual and we all have individual needs!
All sessions build physical strength, rejuvenate flexibility and mental calmness. Lunge Japanese Yoga provides many options to do this, resulting in…
“the culmination of a strong and healthy body and an aware, focused and clear mind”
Classes at Lunge
MORNING VITALITY classes
- Suitable for ALL Levels (beginner to experienced)
- Strong and simple dynamic classes to charge up vitality and energy levels for the day!
- Improve general fitness and health
- Strengthen and tone your body inside to out
- A great MENTAL start to your day – strengthen your body, strengthen your mind
- Cleanse sluggish organs, release toxins
- GREAT for weight loss and re-shaping your physical body – improve metabolism
(Notice with 2 to 3 classes consistently a week that your body and mind will reshape naturally and you WILL lose excess weight. Natural weight-loss results with consistent yoga practice.
- Lighten-up and improve flexibility
- Stay in-tune with the changing seasons
- Rise with the sun, do Lunge Japanese yoga and have energy and vitality for the whole day!
OPEN evenings – seasonal classes
- Suitable for ALL Levels (beginner to experienced)
- Simple appropriate movement – feel the immediate benefits in just a few classes!
- Develop strength, an adaptable/flexible body and healthy mind
- Improve long term vitality and energy levels – less fatigue
- Create a clear and focused mind
- Increase willpower and drive – get your “get-up and go back!”
- Improve digestion, metabolism (supports weight loss)
- Relieve neck and shoulder tension
- Build a strong and healthy spine – eliminate back ache/pain
- Back strength creates internal strength; also in our minds
- Calms the nervous system, calms the mind – creating a sense of peacefulness
- Promotes good quality sleep
- Eliminate unnecessary stress & anxiety
- Breath awareness, meditation (assists with deep breathing)
- Facilitates a state of concentration, internal stillness and relaxation
Balance Strength with Flexibility
A great class for Men
- Relieve stiffness
- Revive mobility and flexibility to the joints
- Improve abdominal strength
- Tone your body – inside and out
- Eliminate neck and lower back tightness and/or tensions
- Build overall strength and resilience
- Better sleep patterns, deeper breathing
- Assists injury prevention
- More up and go – energy levels will improve!
- Restore, boost and balance energy levels
- Strengthen and tone your body
- Create a clear mind
- Abdominal toning, pelvic floor toning
- Relieve backache, neck aches and shoulder tensions.
- Calm your mind, breath awareness and meditation
- Weight control and maintenance
- Eliminate menstrual, menopausal complaints
- Reduce stress, unstable emotions and eliminate worry
Yoga for Surfers… Surfers only!
Please note: Surfers take preference for these classes
Tailor-made yoga to improve your performance in and out of the water.
- Build & increase core strength
- Increase balance, flexibility and energy levels
- Increase lung capacity, breath awareness and endurance
- Eliminate neck, shoulder & back tension/pain
- Injury prevention
- And more…
Prepare for childbirth and beyond…
- Strengthen your body for childbirth
- Calmness and confidence in preparation for childbirth
- Improve strength, flexibility & endurance to enable you to birth more easily, naturally
- Abdominal and pelvic floor toning
- Boost energy levels, reduce fatigue
- Release and balance emotions
- Relieve back, neck & shoulder tensions
- Breath awareness & meditation
- Stress reduction & reduce worry…
- Facilitate recovery following childbirth