SUMMER IS THE SEASON OF JOY & LAUGHTER… life is in full bloom
In Summer we look for more:
- Lightness, openness, flexibility
- Clarity and focus
- Brightness and creativity
- Internal awareness; internal strength – a sense of calm
- Joy and a sense of contentment
Join us for an afternoon, a mini-retreat of:
- Seasonal Japanese Yoga
- Guided Meditation
- Shiatsu Massage
- Healing ginger compress treatment
- Simple nourishing meal to end
DATE: Saturday 2nd December
TIME: 4:15pm to 7:15pm
FEE: $89 (Bookings essential, as spaces are limited)
Payment required as confirmation, by bank transfer.
Lunge Yoga & Health
A little bit more on the Summer Season (fire element: Heart & Small Intestine)
A period of luxurious growth and a time of generous social activity and connection where the days are long and energy is in abundance. Summer is a more stable time than spring. If we have not nurtured our bodies through winter and cleansed them in spring, summer can be a very hard Season to endure. Often the inability to cope with the heat is a sign of high levels of toxicity in the body. However, we can bring back to balance high levels of toxicity by taking on cooling exercises such as swimming, appropriate yoga and/or movement… all activities that help our lymph glands remove accumulated toxins, and as an added bonus eliminate stress.
According to Oriental Medicine, the heat of summer causes energy to expand and rise in the body and this activates the various systems more than usual…these functions relate to the energy systems of the heart and the small intestine (also heart constrictor and triple heater systems). A great time of the year to soften upper body tension and open up your heart. Through appropriate movement and complementary food, the heart has the ability to relax, release old stresses and unwanted emotional build-ups.
The stress of city living places harder demands on your heart than it was designed for.
The benefits of Summer Japanese Yoga
- Improved ability to digest
- Improvement to intestinal power usually equates to clearer thinking
- Increased strength and power of the muscle
- Release of neck and shoulder tension
- Feel energised and re-vitalized… get the spring back in your step!
- Reduce exaggerated emotions
- Less Obsessive
- Reduce feelings of madness or feeling a bit crazy
- Improved Creativity
- Act on ideas… not just think about doing
- Become a “do-er”, not just a “gun-nar”…